You have important posts that you want to remain on the. As you create new posts, old posts keep moving down. You will have to make your important posts Sticky to keep them on top. Making a WordPress post sticky will keep this post on the front page of your WordPress website. As you create new posts, it will be added below your sticky posts.
There are 2 ways to make your WordPress posts sticky. You can make it sticky from the editing the post or by quick editing the post. Below I will show you how to make your WordPress posts sticky.
Overview of making WordPress Posts Sticky:
- Edit WordPress Post Visibility to Make Sticky
- Quick Edit the Post and Make Post Sticky
1. Edit WordPress Post Visibility to Make Sticky
You can make your post sticky when editing the post. It’s in the Publish drop down.
- Login to your WordPress Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Posts’, ‘Add New’
- Under ‘Publish’
- Under Visibility, click on ‘Edit’
- Click on the checkbox – Stick this post to the front page
2. Quick Edit the Post and Make Post Sticky
You can also change a post to sticky after you save your post using the quick edit in View All Posts.
- Click on ‘Posts’, ‘All Posts’
- Under your Post, click on ‘Quick Edit’
- Use the checkbox and click on ‘Make this post sticky‘
Hope that helps,