I briefly discussed in the past about the 404 – Component not found error message when you try to access a component that you installed in. There are other reasons as to why you get this error message and if my previous post doesn’t help you, you can also look at other setting in your administration panel to see if your site is setup properly. Once again, your Joomla 404 error message would look like this:
404 – Component not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:
1. an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
2. a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
3. a mistyped address
4. you have no access to this page
5. The requested resource was not found.
6. An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages:
* Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.
Component not found
Other settings you can look at to see how to resolve the 404 error message is:
1. Check your component security settings:
- You created a link to your component in your , edit that menu link.
- Check your “Access Level” to make sure it is Public. (Public allows everyone to see this component). If this setting is set to Registered or higher then users need to be logged in to access the component.
2. Check default Main Menu
- I know this seems unrelated to the problem, but there must be at least 1 default menu in your Joomla site.
- Go to your Joomla Administrator panel
- Click on Menus, Main Menu
- Click on the checkbox beside “Home” and click on “Default”
3. Check to see if your component is installed properly
- This kind of seems like an obvious solution but sometimes it is most often overlooked.
- So just go into your Componnents or Extension Manager to see if the component is still installed.
Hope this helps resolve your 404 Component not found error message or 404 Resource not found error message.