Help – Help! Blank screen after logging into Admin.
First thing, DO NOT PANIC! Ok Because I panicked. I thought someone hacked into my website and disabled some settings, or restricted my access. I was almost tempted to rebuild my site but that would take too much time. Along with a blank screen after logging into theadmin section, I did other research and found:
- Ftontend articles were showing normal
- I could access all posts and comments and there were no errors
- I was able to access the site via FTP with no problems
- I was able to access the MySQL database via with no problems
- I checked the login lockdown IP addresses and my IP address was not locked out
- I checked my webhosting provider and nothing out of the ordinary
- Find Active Plugins
- Remove all active plugins
- Reactivate plugins one by one to see which had an error
- Delete the plugin that had an error
- Re-configure other plugins
1. Find Active Plugins
- Login to your Webhosting Provider
- Go to your MySQL and login to your
- Click on the SQL tab
- In the text box : Run SQL query/queries on database, enter the following query:
SELECT * FROM `wp_options` WHERE `option_name` = “active_plugins”
- Click on GO
- You will see it return one line that looks like the screenshot above.
- Note: if it does not return anything, check your table name it will be a name that ends in the word ‘options’
2. Remove / Deactivate All Active Plugins
- From step 1, click on the pencil to edit Active_Plugins
- In the option_value, delete everything. Should be an empty text box.
- Click on ‘Go’
- Login to your WordPress Admin Panel
- Click on ‘Plugins’
- You will see all your plugins deactivated.
- Go through each plugin one by one and activate it again.
- I had an error with my plugin “Awesome Google ’ plugin
4. Deleted the Plugin that had an Error
- If you get a screen full of errors, again, do not panic.
- Repeat step 1 and step 2
- Login to your WordPress Admin, click on “Plugins’
- Find the Plugin and Delete it.
5. Re-configure other Plugins
- After you finish reactivating rest of your plugins
- Check your site to see if any of the settings changed with you reactivated the plugin
- Some plugins that I need to re-configure was:
- Customized Recent Comments