After installingthe defaults to display articles in your content manager. It only displays the articles that have the option “Show on = Yes”. You don’t have to stick with this format, everything in can be manipulated or changed to whatever you need. If you want the front page to show your contacts, or maybe show all articles from a specific category or section, use a wrapper or even display a photo gallery.
Here I will show you how to change the look of your front page display.
- Go to your Joomla Administrator Panel.
- Click on Menus, Main Menu *
- Click on “Home” (or your default menu item) to edit it.
- Under “Menu Type” you will see “Front Page Blog Layout”. So you want to change this.
- Click on “Change Type” button.
- Click to select from here what you want to change the layout to. If you select a Category/Section, you will be required to enter in the Joomla Category or Section name. Usually blog layout is the best. You can play around with the list layout and see the differences.
- Save the Menu Item and refresh your Home page.
See pictures below: