Myadmin console told me I have 2 upgrades to do.
1. Upgrade from 3.0 to 3.2.4
The first upgrade was from3.0 to 3.2.4. After the Joomla updater got to about 50% that’s when I got this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function isAdmin() on a non-object in
plugins/system/remember/remember.php on line 42
My whole site was down and could not get into the front end or backend, so I needed to resolve this issue fast before anyone noticed the site down.
Steps to resolve:
A. Rename remember.php
- Found my SSH or telnet username and password for my Joomla account
- Logged in
- Changed directory to the plugins directory: i.e.:
- cd /cmsmind.com/plugins/system/remember
- Renamed the original remember.php to remember.php.bk i.e.:
- mv remember.php remember.php.bk
- Note: You can also use FTP to login and rename your file.
After this step, I refreshed my site and I could see my backend and frontend again. I was very happy, but I knew I had to find another version of this file somewhere else. I postponed finding it, and proceeded with my next upgrade from Joomla 3.2.4 to Joomla 3.3 and deal with finding a new remember.php file afterwards.
2. Upgrade from 3.2.4 to Joomla 3.3.0
My upgrade went along with no problems and afterwards the frontend and backend were fine. I set out to replace my remember.php file with one from a stable release Joomla 3.1.1.
To my surprise when I looked in my plugins/remember directory, there was a new remember.php file already there. I didn’t have to find a new file to replace the old one I renamed. So if you have the same situation, you don’t have to find a new remember.php file to replace the old one you renamed.
In case you don’t see a copy of remember.php in your remember plugin directory, you can follow the following steps:
A. Upload a new remember.php into your Plugins directory
- Find a stable release of Joomla 3.1.1, you can find the 3.1.1 download here
- Download the file
- Extract ‘remember.php’ from the zip file
- Upload the remember.php to your own Joomla installation directory
- Upload the file to the exact same directory i.e.:
Hope that helps,