My head was spinning after encountering this problem. I was publishing multiplebut for some reason they were duplicating on the . The same article was showing up not only twice but articles tripled and was causing real problems on my website. I checked all the settings but nothing was out of the ordinary. I don’t recall any Article or Featured article settings that would logically say ‘duplicate ’. So this was a real headache. After many nights and much white hair I finally found the solution. Again it was so simple!! Here is how to fix the duplicate problem on the :
(I was also having difficulty finding deleted/trashed contacts, so I put some instructions at the bottom – step 8 – on how to find those as well)
1. Log in to yourbackend.
2. Go to, Contacts, Contacts
3. You will see a list of users registered on your site, look down the column that says ‘Linked User’.
4. If any of your users are linked to the admin account, you must remove this link.
5. Click on the user.
6. In the field Linked user - click on the button ‘Select User’ and select ‘- No User -’.
7. Oh also make sure you clear the ‘Trash’ contacts. Even if you deleted a contact that is linked to the admin user and still exists in the ‘Trash’ it will still affect your website.
How to find Deleted / Trashed Contacts:
8. Go to, Contacts, Contacts
9. Click on the ‘Select State’ drop down filter, and change to ‘Trash’.
10. Select the contacts in the ‘Trash’ that is linked to the Admin user and click on the button at the top ‘’.
Save your contacts and refresh your website. All the duplicate or triplicate featured articles should be gone.
Hope that helps,