3.0 Tutorial on how to activate that you installed. This is also tutorial on how to change the default 3.0 site Template. After you install a Template you must activate it and set it as default before you will see it on your website. I recently installed and activated a car template theme that you can see above. Make sure that you installed a compatible template otherwise you will get errors.
Steps to Activate yourTemplate
- Go to your
- Activate and Change Default Site Template to new Joomla 3.0 Template
- Successfully Activated New
1. Go to your
Template Manager is where you can manage your installed Templates. You can change template settings, change logo, change site title/description and more.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Template Manager‘
2. Activate and Change Default Site Template to new Joomla 3.0 Template
In the Template Manager you will find all the templates installed on your website. You can have unlimited number ofinstalled but there will be only 1 default site template and 1 default admin template. The Admin templates are for you, it’s the layout in the administrator panel. The Site templates are for the visitors, visiting your website – basically what template they will see when they see your site. So we are changing the default site template. You will know they are set to default by the yellow star in the ‘Default’ column. If it is a grey star it is not set to be the default template.
- Click the checkbox beside the template you want to make default
- Click on ‘Make Default’
- (or an easy way is to just click on the star under the ‘default column’)
3. Successfully Activated New Joomla Template
Now you successfully made your new template the default one that people will see when they visit your website.
You can now look at your website and see that your site layout has changed to the new.
If you have any questions, please leave me a comment.