– In the standard and installation there is no functionality to create a ‘Contact Us’ link. You will need to install a extension to be able to receive feedback from your users. I found a free component contact form that has tons of features and very easy to use. I will show you below how to add a ‘Contact Us’ link to or website. The contact form component that I found is named -aiContactSafe. Some features of the component are:
- CAPTCHA with the possibility to specify code words for each language or random strings
- Create mulitple contact form profiles
- Unlimited custom fields of different types ( Textbox, Checkbox, Checkbox list, Combobox, Radio list, Editbox, Date, Email, Email list, Hidden, Separator, Joomla contact, File )
- Redirect to specified page when the message is successfully sent
- Any number of attachments working with or without AJAX
- and many more…
High level overview of what needs to be done:
- Download the aiContactSafe component.
- Use the to upload and install the component.
- Use the to configure the ‘Contact Us’ component.
- Use the to create a link to the ‘Contact Us’ component.
- Go to the frontend and test the ‘Contact Us’ link.
Below are the details steps on how to create a ‘Contact Us’ link to your Joomla website:
1. Download the ‘Contact Us’ Component
- Go to .joomla.org
- Search for the component named = aiContactSafe
- Click on download
- Download the zip file to your computer
- Do NOT unzip the file
2. Use theto upload and install the component.
- Login to your Joomla administrator backend
- Go to , Manager
- Under ‘Upload Package File’, Package File, Select the zip file you downloaded in step 1.
- Click on ‘Upload and Install’
- You will see a message that says: “Component successfully installed”
3. Use theto configure the ‘Contact Us’ component.
- Go to , aiContactSafe, Profile
- Profile is where you can store and create many different contact forms
- Click and edit the ‘Default Form’
- Set ‘Email Address’ = your webmaster email address. This is where all the emails will direct to.
- Click on Save
4. Use theto create a link to the ‘Contact Us’ component.
- Click on Menus, Main Menu, Add new Menu Item
- Set the following values:
- Menu Item Type = aiContactSafe – Contact Form
- Menu Title = Contact Us
- Status = Published
- Menu Location = Main Menu
- Select profile = Default Form
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
5. Go to the frontend and test the ‘Contact Us’ link.
- Switch to your frontend and view your Joomla website.
- See the link in the navigation in your Main Menu
- Click on the ‘Contact Us’ link
- You will see the form, but also you will see this weird address on the right that shows:
- Algis Info Grup SRL
Str. Hărmanului Nr.63
bl.1A sc.A ap.8
6. How to Change this weird address to Your own:
- Go to , aiContactSafe, Profiles
- Use checkbox to select’ Default Form’
- Click on the button ‘Edit Contact’
- Replace the business information and logo with your own.
- Click on ‘Save’
So that’s it! You can go again to your frontend and play around with your shiny new ‘Contact Us’ link. You can create your own contact forms and specify new fields to add to the form. The features are endless. Hope that helps!