If you are paranoid like me about adding nofollow to your external links on your site, then this is the perfect free. You can automatically add NoFollow to all external links in your website. Adding rel = NoFollow to the link will not pass any link juice to the site you are linking to which is critical to your website Search Engine Optimization. This free is called = Follow NoFollow Control.
Overview of Follow NoFollow Control FreePlugin
- Install Follow NoFollow Control WordPress Plugin
- Activate Follow NoFollow Control WordPress Plugin
- Go to Settings of Follow NoFollow Control WordPress Plugin
- Set Default NoFollow to All External Links
- Whitelist links to Follow
1. Install Follow NoFollow Control WordPress Plugin
Search and find the free Follow NoFollow Control WordPress Plugin.
- Login to your WordPress administrator backend
- Click on ‘Plugins’, ‘Add New’
- Search = follow nofollow
- Under ‘Follow NoFollow Control’ WordPress Plugin, Click on ‘Install Now‘
2. Activate Follow NoFollow Control WordPress Plugin
Find under your installed WordPress plugins and activate the nofollow plugin.
- Under Follow NoFollow Control WordPress Plugin
- Click on ‘Activate‘
3. Go to Settings of Follow NoFollow Control WordPress Plugin
Go to the settings of the nofollow plugin.
- Click ‘Settings’ in left navigation
- Click on ‘Follow-Nofollow‘
4. Set Default NoFollow to All External Links
Change default settings of external links to rel=nofollow.
- Set Default = NoFollow
- Click on ‘Save Changes‘
5. Whitelist links to Follow
You can explicitly list links to follow in your website. You don’t have to nofollow all links from your site. Perhaps you have friends sites that you wish to allow link juice to flow to, you can explicitly list them in the ‘Follow Domains’. See screenshot in step 4.
Hope that helps. If you have any questions, please leave a comment.