This is a very easy3.0 tutorial on how to change your Category Name. The default category name is ‘uncategorised’. We will change it to a different name in your 3.0 Administrator backend.
Overview of how to changeCategory Name
- Go to Manager in
- Edit Category Name – uncategorised
- Change Web links Category Name
1. Go to Weblinks Manager in
You can create multiple categories in yourWeblinks Manager. This way you can group your weblinks and maintain them more easily.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Components’, ‘Weblinks’, ‘Categories‘
2. Edit Category Name – Uncategorised
By default Joomla 3.0 assigns the Weblinks category name to be ‘Uncategorised’. We can change this name by editing it in the Weblinks.
- Click on Weblinks category name ‘Uncategorised‘
3. Change Web links Category Name
You can change your weblinks category name to anything you want.
- In Category Manager: Edit a Weblinks Category
- Change your title to anything you want you weblinks category name to be
- Set the following value:
- Title = Your Weblinks New Category Name
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
So that’s how you can change your weblinks category name. When you create weblinks you will be asked which category you wish to assign your link to. You can create unlimited number of Weblinks categories to manage your links.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment.