here.3.0 Tutorial – How to Install 3.0 Template is pretty easy. As you’ve noticed 3.0 comes pre-installed with the Beez3 Template. It does get pretty standard and you can change the colours, change the font, change the images, but it’s still the same Beez3 Template layout. If you wanted to switch it up you can easily change the whole website layout by changing your Template. This will introduce new module positions, different fonts/colors, different drop down menu, different typography and tons more. Before you install a new Template, you must first download one. I made a list of places that are offering Joomla 3.0 Templates, you can find that post
Below I will show you how to Install your Joomla 3.0 Template.
Overview of steps:
- Download Joomla 3.0 Template
- Go to Extension Manager
- Upload & Install Template ZIP File
- Install Successful
1. Download Joomla 3.0 Template
Find a Joomla 3.0 Template that you like. It must be compatible with Joomla 3.0 and not an older version otherwise it will not install properly in Joomla 3.0.
- Find a Joomla 3.0 Template – You can find some available here
- Download the Joomla 3.0 Template
- Save as ZIP file
- Do NOT unzip the file.
- I downloaded DriveRally.zip
2. Go to Extension Manager
The Extension Manager is where you can install, update, manage, uninstall elements from your Joomla 3.0 Website. This includes modules, templates,, plugins, languages and more.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Extension Manager’
3. Upload & Install Template ZIP File
From the Extension Manager: Install screen, you can install any package from here. You have a choice to install from your computer, from a directory on your web hosting or install from a URL. I will install my Joomla 3.0 Template from my computer.
- Click on ‘Install’ on the left nav
- Click on ‘Upload Package File’ tab
- Click on ‘Choose File’ to select the ZIP file from your computer.
- Click on ‘Upload & Install’
You will see the next screen that you successfully installed your Joomla 3.0 Template into your Joomla website.
Now that you installed your Joomla 3.0 Template, you will need to activate it. All we did in the above steps is upload your Joomla template into Joomla installation, but it doesn’t know that it should use it. So you must tell Joomla to actually use this template as it’s default.
If you have any questions, please leave me a comment.