3.0 Tutorial – How to Turn off Click Count for links.
In3.0 you cannot reset any of the hit counts. As you’ve already noticed, you cannot reset your Article Hits count, so why should it be any different when it comes to your hits count? The click count is visible in the Weblinks Component but it’s not editable for you to reset it.
An easy way to solve that is to just turn off the Click Count so people cannot see how many times this link was clicked. Another way is to reset the click count in phpMyAdmin. In this tutorial, I will show you how to turn off your weblinks click count.
Overview of how to turn off the Weblinks Hits Counter
- Go to Weblinks Manager
- Edit Link in Weblinks Manager
- Set Click Count = No in Weblinks Manager
1. Go to Weblinks Manager
Weblinks Manager is where you can add, delete, modify weblinks. You can create external links that link to locations outside of your domain or within.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Components’, ‘Weblinks’
- Click on ‘Links‘
2. Edit Link in Weblinks Manager
Edit the link you created. I created an external link to Google’s search engine. So I will edit my Google Link.
- Click on the link you want to edit or remove the click counter
- ie: I will click on the ‘Google‘ link
3. Set Click Count = No in Weblinks Manager
You can choose to turn off the click counter for the link or you can also hide the click counter. I’m just going to turn it off because I don’t want to see it or store that value.
- In the Web Links Manager: Web Link
- Click on ‘Basic Options’ tab
- Set the following value:
- Count Clicks = No
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
So that’s how you turn off the hits counter for your weblinks. If you want just want to hide the weblinks counter you will have to edit the menu item and under ‘list layouts’ hide the hits from there. Maybe I will make another tutorial on how to hide the weblinks hits.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment.