3.0 Tutorial on how to easily update your existing version 3.0 to .3. In the newer versions of Joomla, they have made is easier to update. Now I just have to go to the System Control Panel and see that there is an update pending and click on the update button. I’ve listed a few steps below to help you upgrade your to Joomla 3.0.3.
Overview of Steps to Upgrade Joomla 3.0 to Joomla 3.0.3
- Go to System Control Panel
- Click on the Joomla! 3.0.3 Update Now
- Install the Joomla 3.0.3 Update
- Updating Your Joomla Files – Progress Bar
- Joomla 3.0.3 Version Successfully Updated
1. Go to System Control Panel
When you log into your Joomla 3.0 website you should automatically land on the System Control Panel. You will see an overview of your site. The control panel will list all the logged in users, most popular articles, recently added articles and the quick link nav buttons.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘System’, ‘Control Panel‘
2. Click on the Joomla! 3.0.3 Update Now
Under the Quick Icons on the right side you will see a message to update your Joomla version now. Usually if the version is up to date, you will see Joomla version up to date message. Right now there is a message to update the Joomla 3.0 version to Joomla 3.0.3.
- See bottom right corner
- Click on ‘Joomla! 3.0.3. Update now!‘
3. Install the Joomla 3.0.3 Update
Joomla 3.0 will automatically download the unzip the update zip file without you having to do anything. Hopefully this will work without any errors.
- Under installation method, select:
- Write files directly
- Click on ‘Install the update‘
4. Updating Your Joomla Files – Progress Bar
Watch the progress of the installation via the progress bar. A percentage of completion is also shown under the progress bar.
5. Joomla 3.0.3 Version Successfully Updated
Once Joomla 3.0.3 has been successfully installed and updated, the next screen will show you that you have successfully updated your Joomla version.
Now when you view your Joomla 3.0 system control panel, the message at the bottom right for the Joomla version should say that it is up to date.
Hope that helps. Please leave a message if you have any questions.