Help - You can add a site name and site description in your website. Your site name is defaulted to “Open Source Content Management” which shows up in the top banner of your 1.6 website. Here I will show you how to remove this text in your , or if you want, you can change it to your site name and description.
For example: I am using thetemplate and want to change my site description to “ ’s Site”.
1. Login to your Joomla 1.6 backend administrator.
2. Click on ‘’, ‘ ’
3. Edit your default site template, for my example, I will click on ‘Beez2 – Default’.
4. Under the twistie heading ‘Advanced Options’, change the following values/delete them from here:
- Site Title =
- Site Description = Elaine’s Joomla Site
5. Click on Save & Close
After you refresh your website, you should see the site title and description removed or changed to the settings you defined in step 4.
Hope that helps,
Related Wordpress and Joomla Help:
- Joomla 1.6 – How to remove meta name=”generator” content=”Joomla! 1.6 – Open Source Content Management”
- Joomla 1.6 Help – How to Remove “Powered by Joomla” Footer Text
- Joomla 2.5 Tutorial – How to Remove the “Close Info” “Open Info” in Beez 20
- Joomla Tips: Edit Default Joomla Meta Data
- Joomla 2.5 – How to Change the text “Close Info” and “Open Info”