You just finished installing yourcomponent and now you need to add it on your menu navigation. Assigning the component to a menu item is easily done through the administrator backend control panel. Say for example you wanted to add the component under your the menu “About ”. Here is how to do it:
1. Log in to your1.6 adminstrator backend.
2. Go to “Menus”, “About”, “Add New Menu Item”
3. Under Menu details:
- Menu Item Type. Click on “Select”. Your component should be listed in the next window.
- Menu Title. Enter in what you want your menu title to be.
- State = Published
- Menu Location = “About Joomla”
After you save your menu item, refresh your site. You should see your new menu item that links to the component you selected in step 3. Done! If you have any issues, message me.