Help – If you need to link an article to the menu navigation this is relatively easy. Assuming that you are using the basic installation of .3 you will already have a menu setup for you. You will use the to create a new menu item to link to this article. First you must have also have the article saved.
I want a link to my article ‘About Me” to show up under the Main Menu.
Steps to accomplish this:
1. Login to your1.6 administrator backend.
2. Click on ‘Menus’, ‘Main Menu’
3. In theMenu Items, click on the button ‘New’.
4. Now you are in the: New Menu Item.
5. Menu Item Type – Click on the ‘Select’ button.
6. Menu Item Type = Single Article
7. Menu Title = About Me
8. Select Article – Click on the ‘Select/Change’ button.
9. This will open up a popup box displaying all the articles saved on your website. You can choose any article in this list. Select ‘AboutMe’.
10. These are values that are already selected, but just make sure they are consistent with your needs:
- Status = Published
- Access = Published
- Menu Location = Main Menu
- Parent Item = Menu Item Root
- Target Window = Parent
- Default Page = No
- Language = All
- Template Style = Use Default
11. Save the ‘About me’ menu item.
After you refresh your1.6 website frontend, you will see the new ‘About Me’ article link under the Main Menu. Click on the link in the menu it will open up the article you selected in step 9. Look at the top of the article, there is a bunch of additional information about the article that you don’t necessarily want your users to see. Such as:
Category: Joomla 1.6
Published on Monday, 20 March 2011 05:30
Written by Admin
To remove this, you can follow these steps in my article – How to Hide Article Details.
Hope that helps you,