Help – To create a new images directory in is pretty easy. There are several ways to do this -either in FTP manager or . Here I will show you how to create a new images directory using the . For example:
I want to upload an image:
- ‘MoviePress.jpg” to my new “TemplateImages” subfolder
Steps how to create a new folder inusing the Media Manager:
1. Create a new Folder
- Login to your 1.6 administrator backend.
- Click on Content, Media Manager.
- See the 2 boxes below the ‘Files’ Window.
- Enter in your subfolder name in the second box, in my example I would enter ‘TemplateImages”.
- Click on ‘Create Folder’.
- You will see a status message that says:
Create Complete: /TemplateImages
- If you look in your ‘Files’ window on your right, you will also see a new subfolder created.
2. Upload Image to New Folder
- Double click on the subfolder you created above
- Follow the steps here in my post to upload your image.
So that’s all there is to create a new directory and uploading an image to1.6. Using the Media Manager, all images that you upload using this tool will be stored in your webhosting directory:
If you want to insert that image anywhere in your1.6 website, you can use the GUI interface to find the image again, or link to it directly:
For example, to access my image later – I would use:
Hope that helps!
Related Wordpress and Joomla Help:
- Joomla 2.5 Tutorial – How to Create New Folder in Media Manager
- Joomla 1.7 Help – How to Modify the Max Image Upload Size
- Joomla 1.6 Help – Uploading Images with Media Manager
- Joomla 1.6 Help – How to Activate Bulk Image Upload
- Joomla 2.5 Error – A first level menu item alias cannot be ‘media’ because ‘media’ is a sub-folder of your joomla installation folder