Articles that are assigned to theas gradually move down as newer are added to your website. If you want an article remain at the top of your website and to never move down no matter the number of newer Featured articles, you can make these articles “Sticky”. This will prevent manual ordering every time a new article is added to the .
To do this you will assign the featured article a negative ordering number. ie (-1, -2, -3). It will always stay at the top because new featured articles will always be assigned a value of 1. Lower ordered numbers are displayed first.
For example: I have articles:
- Tips article
- Themes ***** I want to keep this article at the top, sticky.
Steps to Make an Article Sticky on the
1. Login to youradministrator backend.
2. Click on Content, Featured Articles
3. See the column headings (Title, Status, Category etc), click on the header – “Ordering”
4. This will make the ordering numbers editable and you can assign an ordering sequence number.
5. Go to the row of the article you want to make sticky, in my case “Themes”
6. Assign the Ordering value = -1
7. Click on the little save icon next to the “Ordering” header.
Refresh your1.6 website and you will see the article that you chose to be sticky (in step 5) will be at the top of your featured articles.
- ***** my sticky featured article
- WordPress Tips article
Hope that helps!