Inthings look a little different than or previous versions. If you have tons of installed and it’s clogging up your website, you can uninstall or delete ones that you don’t need. This will free up some space so you can manage your website much easier. Here are the steps to uninstall a component in your / .
1. Login to your1.6 administrator backend.
2. Click on ‘’, ‘Extension Manager’, switch to the ‘Manage’ tab.
3. Under the filters – ‘Select Type’ = ‘Component’, or find it in the list ofinstalled.
4. Use the checkbox on the side to select the component(s) that you want to uninstall.
5. Click on the ‘Uninstall‘ icon at the top (or near the top) of the screen.
6. After that you will see a message that says:
Uninstalling component was successful.
That’s it. After you refresh your1.6 administrator backend you will not see the component show up under the Menu.