This post is in response to Eddy’s comment about hisNewsletter component. I’m not too sure which Newsletter component you have installed, but I was looking around for solutions to use when creating subscription or newsletters. I came across this free Newsletter component which is compatible with 1.5, 1.6 and and can be found in the Extensions Directory. This Joomla component is called ‘JINC‘.
Some features of JINC include:
- Creating public (guest) newsletters
- Create private (registered) newsletters
- Basic Management – Creation and editing of unlimited number of newsletters.
- Profiling – Access restriction to a newsletter to guests, users or groups of users.
- Auto-subscription after Joomla! user registration.
- Welcome Message and Disclaimer automatically added to every newsletter message.
- Template management to avoid copy and paste at every message creation.
- Start/Stop functionality – pause send and re-start later
- Email confirmation during subscription and unsubscribe by opt-in messages.
- Import subscriber lists from CSV files.
- Groups management – Creation of groups of potential subscribers for private newsletters.
- Joomla Contact Integration – Possibility to retrieve subscribers information from Joomla! contacts
- Statistics charts – Trend of events time based showed in a chart.
I installed the component which was pretty easy and also installed thethat came with the component. The first thing I did was create a menu item that linked to a newsletter that was private. This is the message that I got:
Newsletter not published or not accessible
If I logged in, I saw the full newsletter. I believe this is a great newsletter component that you would want to try out. The only thing I didn’t like was the message you saw when you tried to access a private message. So I went searching how to change that message. I wanted it to say something along the lines of :
This is message is only available for Registered users. Please register or sign in.
I found out how to do it. After you install the JINC component, here are the steps:
1. Login to your FTP / File Manager
2. Go to your Joomla language directory, ie:
3. Edit the file en-GB.com_jinc.ini
4. Search for the text that says:
COM_JINC_ERR005=”Newsletter not published or not accessible”
5. Replace the text with your own custom message, ie:
COM_JINC_ERR005=”This is message is only available for Registered users. Please register or sign in.”
6. Save the file and refresh your Joomla website.