Help – How to change the ‘Support ’ images at the bottom of the Template.
In my previous post about the Beez 20 Template module positions, you can see that the 3 ‘Support ’ images with titles contribute! Books! Shops! are in 3 different positions: position-9, position 10, and position 11. If you research in the you will see that the banner component is used in these 3 positions. There are many ways you can change these images to your liking, you can either:
- Download a gallery component which contains a image module to display images.
- Upload images and add them to your banner component.
- Upload images and add them via your ‘Custom HTML module type.
Below I will show you how to see what is in position-9, position-10, position-11, then guide you in how to add an image via the easiest way – ‘Custom HTML’ module type. Using the ‘Custom HTML’ is great if you have static images that you do not want to change. If you want to add rotating banners in these positions, all you need to do is use the Banner Component to add a new banner and upload images.
1. How to see which modules are in the module positions
- Login to your administrator backend
- Click on ‘ ’, ‘ ’
- Use the filter ‘Selection Position’ = position-9
- See the column that says ‘Type’, it will show you which module is being used. In this case it’s the ‘Banners’ module
- You can click and edit ‘ Contribute’ and see ‘ – Module Banners
2. Delete the module in position 9
- Use the checkbox to select ‘Contribute’, the module in position-9
- Click on the ‘Trash’ button at the top
- You will see a message that says:
1 module successfully trashed
3. Add the ‘Custom HTML’ module
- Staying in the Module Manager, click on ‘New’
- Select Module Type = Custom HTML
- In the Module Manager: Module Custom HTML, set the following values
- Title = <whatever you want to call it, the title will not be seen> My image 1
- Show Title = Hide
- Position = position-9
- Status = Published
- Access = Public
- Click on ‘Image’
- If the image is on your computer – Under Upload Files – select the image file from your computer, ‘Start Upload’
- Click on ‘Insert’ image into the text area of the ‘Custom HTML’ module.
- Save the Custom HTML module.
After you are done, go to your Joomla 1.7 frontend and refresh your website. You should see the image you uploaded and inserted into your Custom HTML position-9 show up on the. Repeat the above steps to replace the images in position 10 and position 11.
Hope that helps,