I received a request from someone asking me how to show registered users that they were logged in and display a message saying :
“Welcome (name)” with a Logout button below the greeting.
already has that functionality built into the application and you just need to make that module active. If you are using , the Login module is already added to your Module list. I will show you in the steps below how to add it to your .
Overview of How to add the Login Module
- Add New Login Module in
- Configure Settings in the Login
- Visit Website as a Visitor / Registered user
1. Add New Login Module in Module Manager
template has a Login Module installed and active, but you can also create your own Login module. This login module will be displayed to all users. If the user is not logged in, they will see a login form. If the user is logged in already, they will see a welcome message with an option to ‘Logout’.
- Login to your 1.7 Administrator panel
- Click on ‘ ’, ‘Module Manager’, ‘New’
- In the winnow ‘Select a Module Type’, Select ‘Login’
2. Configure Settings in the Login Module Manager
The Login Module will be displayed on all screens and be shown on the left navigation side of yourwebsite. The title of the module is ‘Login Form’. You can choose any title for this, so change the title and position as you please.
- In the Module Manager: Module Login, under the ‘Details’, set the following values:
- Title = Login Form
- Show Title = Show
- Position = position-4
- Status = Published
- Access = Public
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
3. Visit Website as a Visitor / Registered user
You can now do some experimenting by logging into your website as a registered user and see what your Login Form module displays.
This is what the Login form looks like for someone who is not logged in as a registered user. i.e. a visitor:
This is what your Login form module will look like if a Registered user logins into your Website. They will see a welcome message and a logout button directly below:
Hope that helps,