Tips – Unpublished article still showing up on the homepage
Strange problem I came across the other day. I unpublished an article in theand some reason it was still showing up on the . This time it was unlike the other times, it was showing up in a blue box. Below is screenshot of the problem:
Then I found out why!will display unpublished articles on in a blue box if you are logged in as a user assigned as a Publisher of your website. You can check the user priviledges by checking the .
1. Login toadministrator backend
2. Click on ‘Users’ , ‘’
3. Click and edit your username
4. Look under the heading ‘Assigned User Groups’
5. See the checkbox for ‘Publisher’
If the checkbox for Publisher is checked that means you have explicit rights as a publisher to view unpublished articles on the. Once you log out of the 1.7 frontend and view your website as a public /non-registered user, you will not see the unpublished articles.
Related Wordpress and Joomla Help:
- Joomla 1.6 – Duplicate Featured Articles Showing on Frontpage
- Joomla 1.6 – Trashed items still showing up on the Frontpage
- Joomla 1.6 Help – How to Unfeature Articles From the Frontpage
- Joomla 1.6 Tips – How to Make an Article Sticky on the Frontpage
- Joomla 1.6 – Add More Featured Articles on the Frontpage