– Easy Steps to add Google to your Website
Start making money with Google. This is Google’s pay per click program where you can add up to 3 ad units on a page at a time. You can sign up at .google.com. If you already did that and want to add adsense to your website, it is very easy. You will download a free module called “J – ”. This module can be found in the directory.
High Level Overview:
- Download “J- ” module in zipped format
- In Extension Manager – upload and install the adsense module
- In – create a new Adsense module
- In the Adsense Module – configure the settings with your publisher ID and channel ID
- Select the pages you want to assign this module to. You can assign the adsense module to just the or any page you want.
Below are steps to Add Google Adsense to your Joomla Website. For example: I want to add my google adsense to only the here to see how to find out which menu contains your default homepage.and not any other pages. You need to log in to your google adsense account and find your publisher ID and create a channel id. (Check the help documents in Google, they show you how to create a channel). My default home page is in the ‘Main Menu’, ‘Home’. Click
Download the file:
1. Go to thedirectory.
2. Search for and download the module “J-Google Adsense” in zipped format
3. DO NOT unzip the file
Upload and Install Module in the
4. Login to your Joomla 1.7 administrator panel.
5. Click on ‘’, ‘ Manager’
6. Upload Package File – click on “Browse”.
7. Select the zipped file you downloaded in step 2. Click on ‘Upload & Install’
8. You will see a message that says:
Installing module was successful.
J – Google AdSense
The EASY, the FAST, the SAFE and the COMPLETE Joomla! Google AdSense extension, Because it is designed SPECIFICALLY for GOOGLE ADSENSE, and not for other Google services or other ad like Yahoo… No need to create an ad unit and copy & paste the code, all this can be done easily & quickly just from the extension parameters.
Create Adsense Module and Configure in
9. Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Module Manager’,
10. Click on the ‘New’ button, select ‘J – Google AdSense’
11. Set the following Values:
- Title = Adsense Module
- Show Title = Hide
- Position = position-7 <depends on your template>
- Status = Published
- Access = Public
- Pub-ID = pub-1719145887610317
- Channel = 0500328180
Select Pages to Assign this Module – In my example, I’m assigning the Adsense module only to the Frontpage
12. Scroll down the Adsense Module window and you will see ‘Menu Assignment’
13. Set the following Values to show adsense only on the:
- Module Assignment = Only on the pages selected
- Click on ‘Clear Selection’
- Switch to the ‘Main Menu’ tab
- Use the checkbox to select ‘Home’
After you save and close the module settings, refresh your website. It will take time for google to render ads for you, but the google adsense ads will show up. With the above module menu assignment, the google adsense will show up only on the page selected, which is the frontpage.