This tutorial has also been tested by Nishdo who successfully added a new module position in. See comments below.
This this post to find out where your module positions are located.tutorial is created for Scott who asked me how to create a new module position inside a ie . Adding a new module position inside a template is fairly simple with the most challenging step figuring out where you want to put the new module position. Use
For my example: I will create a new module position
- Under my ‘Position-0′
- My new module position will be called ‘CmsMind-NewPosition’.
Overview of what needs to be done:
- Locate your current module positions
- In your FTP File Manager edit your Template file index.php
- In your FTP File Manager, edit your Template file TemplateDetails.xml
- Assign a module to your new module position
How to Add a New Module Position Inside a1.7 Template:
1. Locate your current module positions
- Use this post to find out where your module positions are located.
2. In your FTP File Manager edit your Template file index.php
- Open up your FTP File Manager
- Find your Template Directory, ie:
- Edit your index.php file, ie:
- Locate where you want a new module position to be placed in your template
- Insert the following code:
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="CmsMind-NewPosition" />
3. In your FTP File Manager, edit your Template file TemplateDetails.xml
- Open your FTP File Manager
- Find your Template Details file ie:
- Find the <positions></positions> tags and insert the following line:
4. Assign a module to your new module position in
- Login to your Joomla 1.7 Administrator backend
- Click on ,
- Choose an existing or a new Module
- In the details, set:
- Position = <the new position you created in step 1 and 2>
- Position = CMSMind-NewPosition
- Click on Save & Close
So that’s it. After you are done you can check out the new template module positions again via Step 1. You will see the new module position you added in red.