I was searching for about 30 minutes how to remove the words “Book!”, “Shop!”, and “Contribute!” from the module positions – position-9, position-10, position-11 in theBeez_20 Template. These 3 footer module positions hold the banner module which respectively display “Book!”, “Shop!”, and “Contribute!”. Then I realized, why try to fix it when you can create a new one just as easily.
So below I will show you how to create a new banner module which remove the words “Contribute!”, “Books!”, and “Shop!”. For example, I want to remove the word “Books!”.
Overview of what needs to be done:
- Create New Banner Module in
- Unpublish old Books! Banner Module in
- Rinse & Repeat
1. New Banner Module in Module Manager
You can copy all the Banner Module information from the old Books Banner Module or configure the module to show your customized banners.
- Login to your 1.7 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘ ’, ‘Module Manager”
- Click on ‘New’, ‘Banners’
- Fill out the values below:
- Title = Cmsmind.com Books!
- Show Title = Hide
- Position = position-10
- Status = Published
- Access = Public
- Target = Open in new window
- Count = 1
- Client = Bookstore
- Menu Assignment – On all pages
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
2. Unpublish old Books! Banner Module in Module Manager
If you chose to refresh your site now, you will see 2 Banner Modules activated in position-10. So you will need to deactivate the original “Books!” banner module.
- Click on ‘Extensions‘, Module Manager
- Use checkbox to select old Banner Module.
- Click on the button at the top “Unpublish”
3. Rinse & Repeat
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the other 2 banner modules.
- The Modules and Words are linked to the modules in the Module Manager. For example:
- Words = Banner Module Name
- Books! = Bookstore
- Contribute! = Contribute
- Store! = Store