I was searching for about 30 minutes how to remove the words “Book!”, “Shop!”, and “Contribute!” from the module positions – position-9, position-10, position-11 in theBeez_20 Template. These 3 footer module positions hold the banner module which respectively display “Book!”, “Shop!”, and “Contribute!”. Then I realized, why try to fix it when you can create a new one just as easily.
So below I will show you how to create a new banner module which remove the words “Contribute!”, “Books!”, and “Shop!”. For example, I want to remove the word “Books!”.
Overview of what needs to be done:
- Create New Banner Module in
- Unpublish old Books! Banner Module in
- Rinse & Repeat
1. New Banner Module in
You can copy all the Banner Module information from the old Books Banner Module or configure the module to show your customized banners.
- Login to your 1.7 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘ ’, ‘Module Manager”
- Click on ‘New’, ‘Banners’
- Fill out the values below:
- Title = Cmsmind.com Books!
- Show Title = Hide
- Position = position-10
- Status = Published
- Access = Public
- Target = Open in new window
- Count = 1
- Client = Bookstore
- Menu Assignment – On all pages
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
2. Unpublish old Books! Banner Module in Module Manager
If you chose to refresh your site now, you will see 2 Banner Modules activated in position-10. So you will need to deactivate the original “Books!” banner module.
- Click on ‘Extensions‘, Module Manager
- Use checkbox to select old Banner Module.
- Click on the button at the top “Unpublish”
3. Rinse & Repeat
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the other 2 banner modules.
- The Modules and Words are linked to the modules in the Module Manager. For example:
- Words = Banner Module Name
- Books! = Bookstore
- Contribute! = Contribute
- Store! = Store