Tutorial – How to replace text in the menu item with images.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to insert an image as a menu item instead of text. You can easily accomplish this using theMenu Items and do not need to install any 3rd party or .
For example, I want to replace the 3 links along the top menu that say “Home”, “Sample Sites”, “.org” with images instead of text. Below are the steps on how to do it in your .
1. Login to your1.7 Administrator Panel
2. Click on “Menus”, “Top’, Click on New
3. Set the following values:
- Menu Item Type = “ ”
- Menu TItle = Home
- Status = Published
- Access = Public
- Menu Location = Top
4. Under Link Type Options, set the following values:
- Link Image = Upload the image you want to insert from your computer
- Add Menu Title = No
5. Click on ‘Save & Close’
6. Repeat these steps for the other menu items you want to insert an image instead of using text.
If your Menu Manager Edit Menu item screen does not show the ‘Add Menu Title’, see my post here.
After you save and refresh your Joomla 1.7 website, your menu items will show up as images with no titles beside it.