Ain was added to the Mass Mail functionality. In the past there was no way to in exclude/include disabled users from mass emails. Now in there is a checkbox in the Mass Mail component to “Send to disabled users”. This could be useful if
1. You set user profiles to auto-disable though inactive use. You want to send out reminders to users to keep their account active and for those who’s accounts are inactive to reactivate them.
2. Inform all users (including disabled) users of new policies surrounding your website.
3. You can choose to exclude disabled users from receiving emails. This reduces the amount of “spam” others get from your website.
Here is the screenshot of the New Mass Mail Functionality – Send to Disabled Users: You can access the Mass Mail feature through – Users, Mass Mail
Related Wordpress and Joomla Help:
- Joomla 1.7 New Feature – Access to Joomla Site while Offline
- Joomla 1.7 Extensions – How to Hide Modules from Registered Users
- Joomla 2.5 – Where is the Media Manager Bulk Upload?
- Joomla 3.0 Beez3 Font Size Bigger Reset Smaller Feature
- Joomla 1.6 – Grant Admin Access to Article Manager for Certain Users