Tutorials– This post is in response to a comment left on my site by Abhijit. Your default main menu item is the ‘Home’ Menu item. This menu item by default displays all on your website. If you want to change your default main menu item, it is very simple. This is managed in your .
For example, I will change the default ‘Home’ Menu Item to ‘CmsMind.com New Default Home’ which is in my “Australia Parks” Menu. This is using thetemplate with 1.7 installed.
1. Login to1.7 Administrator backend
2. Click on Menus. The star next to the Menu name will identify where the default Home is located. Currently the default Home is located in the Main Menu.
3. Click on the Menu name “Australian Parks”
4. In the– Use the checkbox to select the menu item you want to make default. In my case I will select “CmsMind.com New Default Home’
5. Click on the ‘Home’ button on the top right
Now your default Home Menu item is changed to the new menu item selected in step 4. You can see the default home “star” icon changed to “Australian Parks”. Refresh your website and now it will display the menu type you have selected for your new default homepage. Thanks,