I was doing some simple changes in.3 and was having a little trouble reordering the modules on my .
Reordering the modules in Position-7 using the arrows was not working. For example, see the screenshots below.
As you can see from the screenshot:
- My modules “Show #1” Is below “Show #2”.
- I also have a “Show #3” Module which is lower down on the navigation bar.
This is from the frontend of thewebsite. I will show you below how to re-order and sort your 1.7 modules the way you want them to be displayed.
Also before you using this tutorial, be sure to check your module positions. I’m using Beez 20, and if you are too, you can look up the module positions here.
- Edit the ordering in Module:
- Manually enter in the Ordering in
Steps to Sort your1.7 Modules
1. Edit the Ordering in Module:
- Login to Joomla 1.7 administrator backend
- Click on ‘Extensions‘, ‘Module Manager’
2. Enter in the Ordering in Module Manager
The problem is that the ordering numbers are not unique. As you can see from the screenshot below, I have 1,1,1,2,2. We need to make these unique and show – 1,2,3,4,5
- Click on the heading ‘Ordering’.
- You will see all white text boxes in the column, making the sort order editable.
- Now you can manually enter in your own sort order in these boxes.
- 1 = Order will be at the top of the screen and higher number will show at the bottom.
3. Save the Ordering in Module Manager
- After you complete entering in the sort order, click on the ‘Square’ icon beside the heading ‘Ordering’ to SAVE the sort order.
Refresh your Joomla 1.7 website and see the changes. See the screenshot below. The manually sorting of the modules fixed the sort order on my.