.8 Tutorial on how to remove the Black gif (joomla_black.gif ) logo at the top of the .8 website. I will show you how to remove this file but at the end you will be left with another question of how to replace it with a different image. Below is a tutorial on how to delete this file from your .8 installation.
There are 2 ways to delete this file:
- Delete Black Gif Manually
- Delete the file from Joomla backend Administrator GUI
- Access the in Joomla 2.5.8
- Delete joomla_black.gif
1st way: Delete joomla_black.gif Manually
The easiest way to delete the joomla_black.gif file is to telnet or access your web hosting file manager to delete this file.
- After you telnet or access your web hosting file manager
- Go to main Joomla Installation Directory
- Type: cd images
- Type: rm joomla_black.gif
2nd way: Delete the file from Joomla backend Administrator GUI
Another way is to access thein the Joomla 2.5.8 GUI backend to delete the file. This is actually equally easy.
1. Access thein Joomla 2.5.8
The Media Manager is where you can upload, delete or create new folders for images. You can upload images from the media manager,, and other managers as well. But the Media Manager is where you can see and manage all your images.
- Login to your Joomla 2.5.8 Backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Content‘, ‘Media Manager‘
2. Delete Joomla Black Gif (joomla_black.gif)
Delete the Joomla Black gif file.
- In the Media Manager, under Files
- Click on the ‘red x circle’ under Joomla_black.gif
- Voila!! the file has been deleted.
But if your plan was to remove the image from yourof your Joomla 2.5.8 website, you will be left with a broken image link on the that looks like this:
That is because in your index.html, it is still looking for the joomla black image file that was in your image directory. But since we deleted it, now there is an error on your front page.
In my next tutorial, I will show you how to upload a new image and to modify your index.php to point to the new logo file.
If you have any questions about this tutorial, please let me know.