How to Change the.8 Logo on the front of your website is pretty easy. The question is how to remove that blue box that says ‘We are Volunteers’? I will address that question in another tutorial, and focus now on how to change the logo first. You will change the .8 logo in the by editing the default site theme. The default site theme is the one that has a yellow star beside it in .
Overview of Steps to change thelogo:
- Go to Template Manager
- Edit the default site template in Template Manager
- Beside Logo – Select an Image in Template Manager
- Upload and Insert the Logo in Template Manager
- Change the Site Title and Description in Template Manager
- View your Site
1. Go to Template Manager
You can upload many templates and in the template manager is where you manage them. You can edit each template’s index.html, or css files.
- Log in to your .8 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Template Manager‘
2. Edit the default site template in Template Manager
There are different types of templates you can upload. One is for the frontend when people visit your site and there are admin templates which only the admin can see. A yellow star under the ‘Default’ column for a site template means this is the default template. My default site template is Beez2, see screenshot below:
- Click to edit ‘Beez2 – Default‘ Template
3. Beside Logo – Select an Image in Template Manager
Under the Advanced options you will see that joomla_black.gif is the current logo for your Joomla 2.5.8 website. You can change the logo and remove joomla_black.gif as your logo by uploading or selecting a new image. I uploaded a new image from my computer and you see will see the steps I did below:
- Under ‘Advanced Options’
- Logo = images/joomla_black.gif – Click on ‘Select‘
4. Upload and Insert the Logo in Template Manager
Once you click on ‘Select’ you are brought to a window where you can upload a new image. You can also see the ‘joomla_black.gif’ file here. Below I uploaded a new image and inserted it to be my new logo.
- Click on ‘Choose File’
- Click on ‘Start Upload’
- Select the image
- Click on ‘Insert‘
5. Change the Site Title and Description in Template Manager
You will notice here that you can change your site logo and also change your Site Title and Description. You know where it says “Open Source Content Management” right under the logo? You can change that by changing your Site Description.
- Under ‘Advanced Options’, set the following values:
- Site title = Whatever you want!
- Site Description = Whatever text you want under your logo
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
6. View your Site
Now you can view your Joomla 2.5.8 website and see all the changes you made. See screenshot below:
If you have any questions, let me know.