I was trying to edit an article on mywebsite and got this red error warning box when trying to. The error message read:
Check-out failed with the following error: The user checking out does not match the user who checked out the item. You are not permitted to use that link to directly access that page (#8).
Now that I think more about this error, it is probably2.5‘s security feature to prevent 2 people from modifying one article at the same time. But if you have a super administrator account, you can unlock or check in this article. To unlock it is quite simple. See steps below:
1. View Article in
- Login to your Joomla 2.5 Website as Super Administrator
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘ ’
- Search for the Article you are having problems with. for example: beginners
2. Check In Article in Article Manager
- Use checkbox to select the article in Article Manager
- Click on ‘Check In’ button at the top right
- See a message that says:
1 article successfully checked in
Now you can edit the article with no problems.