Tutorial – How to Enable User Registration on your Website.
You can easily allow user registration to yourwebsite through the options in . In addition to enabling a setting, you will also need to add a login module to the frontend of your website. I will show you how to do both below.
High level overview of How to Allow User Registration in2.5
- Edit the User Options in the
- Enable new user creation form in
- Add New Login Module Type in
- Configure the Login Module
1. Edit the User Options in the User Manager
There are many options available in the User Manager where you can set the default group for registered or public members, mass mail options and parameters.
- Login to your Joomla 2.5 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘Users’, ‘User Manager’
- Click on ‘Options’ icon along the top right
2. Enable new user creation form in User Manager
In the user manager options you can also allow to prevent users from creating a new account in your Joomla 2.5 website.
- In the User Configuration Window, Click on the ‘Component’ tab
- Set the following value:
- Allow User Registration = Yes
- Click on ‘Save & Close
3. Add New Module in
Your Joomla 2.5 websiteis made up of modules and . So in order for a user to see a login screen you will need to add in a login module. If you already have a login module on your you can skip this step.
- Click on ‘ ’, ‘Module Manager’
- Click on the ‘New’ button along the top right
- In the window – Select Module Type, select
- Module Type = Login
4. Configure the Login Module
Here you will configure your Login Module to display on the What are the Beez20 Module Positions. You can replace my info with information relevant to your own site.of your Joomla 2.5 website. You can refer to your module map to see which position you want to place your login module. If you are using the template, you can refer to my post –
- In the ‘Module Manager: Module Login’, set the following values:
- Title = Login Module
- Show Title = Show
- Position = position-7
- Status = Published
- Access = Public
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now you can refresh your Joomla 2.5 websiteand you will see a new Login module you created in Step 4. You will see a link to ‘Create an Account’ at the bottom of the login module. See screenshot below.