Tutorial – They added some weird stuff into the new . By default, displays Article titles in the ‘Read More’ links at the bottom of articles. I don’t know if I like seeing the Article Title in my “Read More” link. So I went searching to remove this. Below is a screenshot of what I mean:
Overview of How to Remove the Article Title from the Read More link:
- Go to Options
- Hide the Option to show the Article Title in Read More Link
1. Go toOptions
The Article Manager manages all aspects of how Articles are displayed to users in your Joomla 2.5 website. It controls the options for categories, editing layout, blog/featured layouts, feed layouts, list layouts, permissions and more.
- Login to your Joomla 2.5 Administrator
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Article Manager’
- Click on the ‘Options‘ button along the top right
2. Hide the Option to show the Article Title in Read More Link
- In the Article Manager Options, Click on the ‘Articles’ tab
- Scroll down to Show Title with Read More, set the following value:
- Show Title with Read More = Hide
- Click on ‘ Save & Close’
Now you can refresh your Joomla 2.5 website frontend and all the article titles will disappear from your ‘Read More’ links. It’s magic! lol
Hope that helps.