Tutorial – Uninstalling a component is a easy but difficult to find where to start. I will teach you how to uninstall your 2.5 component with 3 steps. Uninstalling 2.5 is performed in the .
High level overview of how to uninstall a Joomla Component:
- Manage your in Manager
- Select Component and Uninstall in the Extensions Manager
1. Manage your Extensions in Extensions Manager
The Extension Manager is responsible for all installs, uninstalls, manage the database, and updates of your Joomla 2.5 Website. You will find the uninstall button under the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Login to your Joomla 2.5 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Extension Manager’
- Click on the ‘Manage‘ tab
2. Select Component and Uninstall in the Extensions Manager
Here you will select the component you want to uninstall. For example, I’m uninstalling the ‘Adsmanager’ Component.
- Use the checkbox to select the component name
- Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button on the top right ribbon.
- Then you will see a successful uninstall message that looks like the below screenshot:
Uninstalling component was successful.
Then you are done. The component has been uninstalled. You will no longer see it in yournor be able to create menus with the AdsManager in your .
I hope that helps you.