Tutorial on how to change to max upload size for images you want to upload in Articles or Categories. You can change this max upload size in the Options. Currently the default is set to 10 MB. You can change it to 0 for no limit on the image size, but not that every web hosting server has it’s own max upload size. If you need to upload an image that exceeds the server max size you will need to contact your service provider to help you upload that image. For this tutorial, I will just be changing my upload max image size to 50 MB.
Overview of How to Change Max Upload Size in
- Go to in
- Edit Options
- Change Max Upload Size in Media Manager Options
1. Go to Media Manager in2.5
Use the2.5 Media Manager to upload images into your Joomla website. You can also use the Media Manager options to change the max upload size.
- Login to your Joomla 2.5 Backend Administrator
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Media Manager‘
2. Edit Media Manager Options
Go to your Media Manager options where you can change legal extension types, max upload size, restrict uploads, enable flash uploader, and more options.
- In the Media Manager
- Click on the ‘Options‘ button
3. Change Max Upload Size in Media Manager Options
You can change the Max Upload size to 0 to be an unlimited file size but the web hosting will have it’s own upload max size. If you get an error that the upload exceeds the max size, you will have to contact your web hosting for help.
- In the Media Manager Options, Click on the ‘Component’ Tab
- Set the following Values:
- Maximum Size (in MB) = set to whatever file size you want. 0 means unlimited
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now you successfully increased the maximum upload image size on your Joomla 2.5 website. You can try to upload your image again.
Hope that helps,