Tutorial – You created a menu item to display articles in your Category, but for some reason the default number of articles is set to 5 or 10. This tutorial will step you through how to change the default number of articles to display in your Category List Menu Item.
Here is a screenshot of my Category List only showing 5 Articles.
I want to increase the default number of articles to display in my category list menu item to 10.
Overview of the steps:
- Edit your Category List Menu Item
- Change List Layout Options
1. Edit your Category List Menu Item
- Login to your Administrator panel
- Click on ‘Menus’, Select the Menu Group you Created your Menu
- Click and Edit your Menu Item
2. Change List Layout Options
- On the right, expand the option ‘List Layouts‘
- Set the following value to 10 or however many number of articles you want to display by default in your category list menu item.
- # Articles to List = 10
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now you can refresh your2.5 website and click on your Category Item list menu item. In my case, I click on my menu item ‘ CmsMind CategoryBlog’. I will now see 10 articles displayed instead of 5. Please ignore my menu item title, use your own Menu Item.