Tutorial – You have a lot of images to add to your website and in your you want to know how to create a new directory. There are different ways to create a new directory in your site. One way is ssh into your file system and create the directory using unix commands. The second – more easier way – is to create a new folder directly in the administrator panel. Below I will how you how to create a new folder in the administrator panel.
Overview to Create a New Folder in Media Manager:
- Access the Media Manager
- Create New Folder in Media Manager
- See New Folder created
1. Access the Media Manager
Media Manager is where you upload images to your Joomla 2.5 website. You can use the mass upload or single upload feature. In the Media Manager options you can also set maximum file upload size, allowable, upload permissions and more.
- Login to your Joomla 2.5 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Media Manager‘
2. Create New Folder in Media Manager
- Scroll down to the section below ‘Files’
- In the Text box, enter in the new folder name, for example: – set
- New Folder Name = Elaine_New_Folder
- Click on ‘Create Folder’
- Confirmation Success message:
Create Complete: /Elaine_New_Folder
3. See New Folder created in Media Manager
- You will see the new folder created in the ‘Files’ section
- If you look under “Media Folders”, you will see the new folder you created as well.
- If you change to the “Detailed” view, you can see the name of you new folder you created in Step 2.