Tutorial – On the of your website, you have an option to display details about the Articles you create. These details include:
- Show Author
- Show Create Date
- Show Modify Date
- Show Publish Date
- Show Navigation
- Show Voting
- Show Icons
- and many more…
You can easily show or hide these Article Details in the Default Main Menu item options. Below I have an example of myshowing the ‘Publish Date’.
See theof my 2.5 website, it is currently showing the Article “Publish Date“, how do I remove this? See my steps below:
Overview of steps to Remove Article Details from:
- Access Default Main Menu – Home in the
- Hide Article Details in the
1. Access Default Main Menu – Home in the
Locate your Default main menu, if you look at your Menu Manager, your default main menu is the menu with a big yellow star beside it.
- Login to your Joomla 2.5 Administrator backend
- Click on Menus, Main Menu
- Click on the Menu item with has a start beside it. Which means, this menu item is the default page visitors land on when they visit your website
- Click on ‘Home‘
2. Hide Article Details in the Menu Manager
Typically all Article options are managed globally by theOptions which can be found in the ‘Article Manager – Options’ button. Here in the Menu Manager, Home Menu item, you will override these global settings by setting the values individually.
- Expand the section ‘Article Options’ on the Right
- Set the following values:
- Show Create Date = Hide
- Show Modify Date = Hide
- Show Publish Date = Hide
- Show Navigation = Hide
- Show Icons = Hide
- Show Print Icon = Hide
- Show Email Icon = Hide
- Show Hits = Hide
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
That’s it, you are done. Refresh your Joomla 2.5 website and you will not see any Article Details displayed on your.
If you want to display these Article details again, just repeat step 2 and change all the values to “Show”.