You may allow existing users to login to their accounts as well as allow new users to create a new account in yourwebsite. Allowing users to create a new account is allowed by default and as an administrator you can disable this feature. This is easily turned off in the Administrator backend.
Below I will show you how to disable new user creation / or Hide the new user registration form.
High level overview of changes that need to be made:
- Edit the User Options in the
- Disable new user creation form in
1. Edit the User Options in the User Manager
- Login to your 2.5 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘Users’, ‘User Manager’
- Click on ‘Options’ icon along the top right
2. Disable New User Registration in User Manager
- In the User Configuration Window, Click on the ‘Component’ tab
- Set the following value:
- Allow User Registration = No
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now you can refresh your Joomla 2.5 website. The link to ‘Create New Account’ will no longer show up. Existing users can still login to your account, new users will not able to register or create an account on your website.