Tutorial on How to install a component that you downloaded from the Extension Directory (JED) or from a 3rd party. It’s very simple and easy. It’s the same as installing a if you’ve done that before. You go to the , upload and install the ZIP file that you downloaded. It is important that you remember not to unzip the file that you download, unless it explicitly says “UNZIP ME FIRST”. Otherwise leave the ZIP file as is. You can upload the ZIP file to your website and it willl unzip and install for you. In my example, I downloaded a free Multicategories component that I will upload and install to my website. Below are 3 easy steps to install a Component.
Overview of steps to Install a Joomla 2.5 Component
- Go to Joomla Extension Manager
- Go to Install, Select File, Upload & Install
- Install Component Successful
1. Go to Joomla 2.5 Extension Manager
In Joomla 2.5 Extension Manager, you can install and uninstall1. Joomla 2.5 – , templates, languages, plugins, and modules. Manager
- Login to your Joomla 2.5 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’
- Click on ‘Extension Manager‘
2. Go to Install, Select File, Upload & Install
Here you will select the ZIP file from your computer. This is the ZIP file of the Joomla component you downloaded. Remember do not unzip this file unless it explicitly says UNZIP ME FIRST. Otherwise just upload the ZIP file as I did in my example below.Joomla 2.5 Extension Manager Install a Component
- Click on the ‘Install’ tab
- Click on ‘Browse’ to search for the ZIP file on your computer
- Click on ‘Upload & Install‘
3. Install Component Successful
Now you component is successfully installed. Please remember to only install Joomla 2.5 compatibleJoomla 2.5 Install Component in Extension Manager Successful otherwise it might give you errors.
- See a message that says:
Installing component was successful.
That’s it and I hope this helps you. Please leave me a comment if you have any questions.