Tutorial – In the Trash Manager is very well hidden, but it’s also very easy to find. If you delete an Article, Category, Module, Banner, Contact or anything, you often wonder where did that go? How do I purge those elements from my trash? Below I will show you where your Trash Manager is and how to purge elements out of your trash. Below is an example of how to purge articles from the Article Viewer, but the same logic applies to categories, modules, banners, contacts etc.
Overview of how to Find and Purge your Trashed items:
- Go to your
- Change the Status in your
- Select Articles to Purge in the Trash Manager
1. Go to your Article Manager
Article Manager is where all your articles are stored. You can use the Article Manager options to choose how you want your Articles to display on your website.
- Login to your 2.5 Administrator
- Click on ‘Content’, ‘Article Manager’
2. Change the Status in your Article Manager
You already deleted a number of articles and now you want to view them in your Trash Manager. All you have to do is change the status to ‘Trashed’. Simple right?
- Click on the ‘ Select Status’ and changed to ‘Trashed‘
3. Select Articles to Purge in the Trash Manager
- Use the checkbox to select the articles you want to purge from your site
- Click on the ‘Empty Trash‘ button on the top right
- You will see a confirmation message saying:
2 articles deleted.
That’s it. The same logic applies to find the Trash Manager for your categories, Modules, Contacts and other elements you have on your Joomla 2.5 website.