Tutorial – Bulk/Mass Upload Feature
The default to upload images into your2.5 website is a single file upload. 2.5 also allows for bulk and mass uploads, where you select multiple files from your computer to upload to your Joomla website. You will need to enable your Joomla 2.5 Flash Uploader in Media Manager.
The screenshot below is Joomla 2.5 Mass Upload Feature with Flash Uploader.
Steps to Activate your Flash Uploader for Bulk Upload in Joomla 2.5
1. Login to your Joomla 2.5 Administrator Panel
2. Click on ‘Content’, ‘Media Manager‘
3. Click on the ‘Options’ button on the top right
4. In the Media Manager Options, Switch to the ‘Component’ tab, set the following value:
- Enable flash uploader = Yes
5. Click on ‘Save & Close’
Now at the bottom of your Media Manager, you will see a new section ‘Upload files (Maximum Size: 10 MB)’. There you click on ‘Browse Files’ to select the multiple uploads and remember to click on ‘Start Upload’ to upload the files to your Joomla 2.5 website.
Hope that helps!