In the previous post I mentioned that perhaps you want to have two3.0 Super Administrators. This will help in case you forgot the password for one, hopefully you didn’t forget the password for the second one. So I created another Super Administrator account for my 3.0 website. The new interface looks really pro, neat and clean. It’s vastly different from before and so far I’m loving it.
Below are steps on how to Create a New Super Administrator account in3.0
- Go to
- Create a new user in
- Enter in new user details in User Manager
- Change Assigned User Groups in user details in User Manager
- Change Basic Settings in User Manager
- See new user in User Manager
1. Go to User Manager
Theuser manager is where you can see all the users active or inactive on your website. You can do many things in the user manager including create new users, change passwords, change groups, create groups, change user details, block users and more.
- Click on ‘Users’
- Click on ‘User Manager’
2. Create a new user in User Manager
You will create a new super administrator user in the User Manager. For best practice, don’t name any of your users admin or root.
- In the User Manager: Users
- Click on ‘New’
3. Enter in new user details in User Manager
Here you will enter your new Joomla 3.0 super administrator details. Please use information relevant to your website. Enter in your own name and email address.
- Click on the ‘Account Details’ tab
- Enter in the following information:
- Name: <First name last name of the user>
- Login Name: <create a new super admin login name>
- Password: <enter in the password>
- Confirm Password: <enter in the same password again>
- Email Address: <enter in a email address not already used>
4. Change Groups in user details in User Manager
Now your Joomla 3.0 super administrator needs super administrator rights. To do this, you will assign the new super administrator to the ‘Super Users’ group.
- Click on ‘Assigned User Groups’
- Click on the checkbox ‘Super Users’
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
5. Change Basic Settings in User Manager
- Backend Template Style
- Backend Language
- Frontend Language
- Help Site
- Time Zone
6. See new user in User Manager
You are done creating a new Super Administrator account. You will see the success message in the next window.
- Success message:
User successfully saved.
- See the new user in the name, user name, groups
Creating a new Super Admnistrator was really easy in Joomla 3.0. It wasn’t that hard in previous version either. The difference is that in Joomla 3.0 there is a separate tab for the ‘Assigned User Groups’ and Basic Settings. The only gripe I have when creating a new user is that I can’t see the name of the user I’m creating. I would have liked to see that when I changed to different tabs.