here.3.0 Tutorial – How to Create a new Link in the Manager. This is a very easy tutorial on how to create a new link in your 3.0 website. You will need to have a weblink category first. All links must be assigned to a category. If you want to change the name of your Category, you can see the tutorial I created on how to change weblinks category name
Overview of How to Create a New Weblink
- Access Weblinks Manager in
- Create New Weblink
- Enter Details of New Weblink in Weblinks Manager
- Change Weblinks Target in Weblinks Manager
- See List of Weblinks in Weblinks Manager
1. Access Weblinks Manager in Component Manager
Create new links in your Weblinks Links Manager. All links must be assigned to a category which is maintained in the Weblinks. Here we are creating a new link in the Weblinks Links Manager.
- Login to your Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Components’, ‘Weblinks’, ‘Links‘
2. Create New Weblink
You can create unlimited number of links in your Weblinks Links Manager. They can be internal or external links to your domain.
- In Web Links Manager: Weblinks
- Click on ‘New‘
3. Enter Details of New Weblink in Weblinks Manager
After you click on ‘New’, you will enter in details of your new link.
- I am creating an external link to google search
- I will enter in the following values:
- Title = Google <Enter your own title>
- URL = http://www.google.com
- Category = <category name managed in the Weblink > You may only have one named ‘uncategorised’.
4. Change Weblinks Target in Weblinks Manager
Changing the target in the Weblinks is important. If you want the link to open on the same page it will navigate off your website into the new link. You can change this so that your link will open in a new window.
- Click on ‘Basic Options’
- Set following value:
- Target = Open in new window
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
5. See List of Weblinks in Weblinks Manager
Now you have a new weblink in your Weblinks Manager. You can create as many as you want. If you want more categories, you can create a new weblink category in the Weblinks Category Manager.
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment.