3.0 Tutorial – Install a Module in . After you download the module zip file from the Directory (JED) or from a 3rd party provider, do NOT unzip the file. Leave it as a ZIP file to upload to your Joomla website. Only unzip it if it clearly says “unzip me first’. Sometimes when you download a module it might be packaged to work with different versions. Also make sure you download a module that is compatible with . If it is not compatible with it will not work and will have errors after installation. Below are steps to install your Joomla 3.0 module into your Joomla 3.0 website. It’s actually pretty easy.
Overview of How to Install Module in Joomla 3.0
- Go to
- Select and Install the Joomla Module
- Module Successfully Installed
1. Go to your
Youris where you will find the , , Language Manager, , and the Extension Manager – where you can Install and Upload and modules.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Extension Manager‘
2. Select and Install the Joomla Module
The easiest way to install a Joomla 3.0 module is from your computer as a ZIP file. Once you download the ZIP file from the JED, you can select and install it from this screen.
- From the ‘Extension Manager’, click on ‘Install’
- Select the ‘Upload Package File
- Click on ‘Choose File’ and select the module ZIP file from your computer
- Click on ‘Upload & Install‘
3. Module Successfully Installed
After you install the module, you will see a success message. Make sure your module is compatible with Joomla 3.0 otherwise you will have errors.
- You will see a Message that says:
Installing module was successful.
I hope this was helpful to you. Please leave me a comment if you still have any questions.