You can preview Template Module Positions in3.0. Having a map of the module positions makes it easier to manage and organize your content. The steps below help you preview Template Module positions for any 3.0 template you have activated on your website.
Here is a high level overview of how to view the Module Positions on yourWebsite:
- Go to your
- Access your Options
- Enable preview of your module positions in Joomla 3.0 Template Manager
- Go to your Joomla 3.0 frontend and append code
1. Go to your Joomla 3.0 Template Manager
Your Template Manager controls all the templates installed on your Joomla 3.0 website. You can edit css files, change site templates, change admin templates, modify or delete Joomla 3.0 templates in the Template Manager.
- Log in to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Template Manager‘
2. Access your Joomla 3.0 Template Manager Options
You can edit your Template and the template css files, index.php files, error.php files in the Template Manager. You can also set global options for your Templates in Joomla 3.0.
- In Template Manager: Styles
- Click on ‘Options‘ button
3. Enable preview of your module positions in Joomla 3.0 Template Manager
In the Joomla 3.0 Template Manager Global options you can enable or disable the preview of template module positions and also set permissions for templates.
- In the ‘Templates’ tab
- Set the Global Configuration for Templates:
- Preview Module Positions = Enabled
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
4. Go to your Joomla 3.0 frontend and append code
Now that you enabled the preview of the template module positions you can go to your frontend and append to your website link some code that will allow you to see the module positions.
- Append the text
- For example, if your website was http://www.cmsmind.com, to see the template module positions your link will look like this:
That’s it. If you don’t want to see the module positions, just access your website via the normal link without the /?tp=1. If you want to disable the preview of template module positions, just go to step 3 and set Preview Module Positions = Disabled.