3.0 Tutorial on how to select pages you want to display your module. You don’t always have to show your modules on every page you create. You also don’t need to show all modules on the front page either. You can select and choose which pages you want to display your modules. In my tutorial below, I will show you how to select pages to display your module. I have a ‘Random Image’ module that is currently displayed on all pages. I want to hide this module from the but display on other pages. Below is 5 easy steps to accomplish this. See Screenshot below of the Random Image module I want to remove from the but display on other pages.
Overview of How to Publish Modules on Selected Pages in
- Go to in
- Edit Joomla Random Image Module
- Change Module Menu Assignment in
- Select Pages to Display in Module Manager
- Module Successfully Saved
- Module Not Shown on
1. Go to Module Manager in Joomla 3.0
Joomla 3.0 Module Manager is where you control what content is viewed on theand on each page. Each Joomla 3.0 Template has a module map and you can place modules in different positions around the site using the Module Manager.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’
- Click on ‘Module Manager‘
2. Edit Joomla Random Image Module
Edit the Module you want to change. In my example, I will be editing the Random Image Module. I want to select the pages it will appear on. I do not want this module to appear on the frontpage and only on certain pages in my Website. As you add more pages, you will need to edit this module if you want to add them to additional pages you create in the future.
- In Module Manager: Modules
- Edit the Module you want to change
- I will click on ‘Random Image‘
- Take note that the column ‘Pages’ has a value of ‘All’. That means this module is shown on all pages of your website.
3. Change Module Menu Assignment in Module Manager
You can select which pages you want the module to appear on. You can assign the module to show on all the pages, on no pages, only on the pages selected, on all pages except those selected.
- Click on the tab ‘Menu Assignment’
- Set the following value:
- Module Assignment = Only on the pages selected
4. Select Pages to Display in Module Manager
Now you can select the pages you want the module to appear on. If you do not want the module to appear on the ‘Home’ page, do not select ‘Home’. You can select other pages that you want the module to display on.
- In the value ‘Menu Selection’, use the checkbox to select all pages you want the module to be displayed on
- Do not select ‘Home’ if you do not want the module to display on the frontpage
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
5. Module Successfully Saved in Module Manager
After you save the Module you will see a message that the module was successfully saved. You will also see under the Pages column that says ‘Selected Only’.
- After you save, see a message that says:
- Module Successfully saved
- Under the ‘Pages’ Column see it changed to ‘Selected Only’
6. Module Not Shown on Frontpage
You can view your Joomla 3.0 frontpage now. Like mine, you will not see the module on the frontpage anymore. Below is a screenshot of what my Joomla 3.0 frontpage looks like right now. But if I change to the ‘Cmsmind Articles’ Page, I will see the module again.
I hope that helps you. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.