3.0 Tutorial on How to Remove the word ‘Home’ From the Breadcrumbs. The breadcrumbs is a trail of links or pages that you went through to get to the current page. If you went through 10 different pages, you will have 10 links in your breadcrumbs. There will also be a link to the ‘Home’ in the breadcrumbs. Since I already created a link to my homepage at the top, I don’t really need another link to ‘Home’ in my breadcrumbs, so I will remove it. Below I will show you how.
This is how my3.0 Website Looks with the Breadcrumbs
Overview of Steps to Remove ‘Home’ from Breadcrumbs
- Go to
- Search and Edit Breadcrumbs in
- Go to Basic Options in Breadcrumbs Module Manager
- Refresh Homepage and the word ‘Home’ is Gone
1. Go to Module Manager
Module Manager controls all the Modules uploaded and installed on your website. You can unpublish, publish, edit, show in different module positions, change names, customize the module and more.
- Login to your Joomla 3.0 Administrator Backend
- Click on ‘Extensions’, ‘Module Manager‘
2. Search and Edit Breadcrumbs in Module Manager
There are many Modules in the Module Manager. You can scroll through them or search for it in the search box. I typed in ‘Breadcrumbs’.
- Search for ‘breadcrumbs’ in search box
- Use Checkbox to select ‘Breadcrumbs’ shown in Position – ‘position-2’ on all pages
- Click on ‘Edit‘
3. Go to Basic Options in Breadcrumbs Module Manager
In the Basic Options of the Breadcrumbs Module Manager is where you can choose to hide or show the word ‘Home’ in the breadcrumbs. You can also change the Breadcrumb word ‘Home’ to a different name here.
- Click on ‘Basic Options’
- Set the following value:
- Show Home, select ‘No’
- If you want to change the word ‘Home’ you can change it in: Text for Home Entry
- Click on ‘Save & Close’
4. Refresh Homepage and the word ‘Home’ is Gone
Now you can refresh your homepage and the word ‘Home’ is removed from the Breadcrumbs.
If you want to show the word ‘Home’ again, you can just go back to step 3 and set the value for ‘Show Home’ = “Yes”. There are other options you can change like, showing and hiding the phrase ‘You are here’ in the Basic Options of the Breadcrumb Module Manager.
Hope that helps. Please leave me a comment if you have any questions.